- Apple selling red iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case, other accessories for Product (RED)
- Apple makes iTunes backups ‘1,000 times safer’ with iOS 10.2
- APPLE OFFERS TO REPAIR IPHONE 6 PLUS DEVICES WITH ‘TOUCH DISEASE’
- Apple quietly releases new iBooks StoryTime app for fourth-gen Apple TV users
- Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus offer upgraded cameras, new A10 Fusion processor
- Apple looks set to kill off the iPhone’s most annoying feature
- Apple’s iOS 10 will encourage users to donate their organs
- Apple fires back at Spotify over app update dispute
- Apple Gets Smaller But Retains Horsepower With 9.7-Inch iPad Pro, iPhone SE
- iOS 10 features, release date and wish list rumours
Moto doesn’t see enough consumer pull to release new smartwatch right now
Motorola’s Moto 360 smartwatches have been some of the more popular Android Wear devices that we’ve seen released to date, but unfortunately for fans of the 360s, it doesn’t sound like we’ll be seeing a new model any time soon.
Motorola has said that it won’t be releasing a new smartwatch to go with the launch of Android Wear 2.0 next year. Shakil Barkat, Moto’s head of global product development, told The Vergethat his company doesn’t see enough demand to put out a new smartwatch right now.
“Wearables do not have broad enough appeal for us to continue to build on it year after year,” Barkat explained. He did add, though, that Moto will take another look at the wearables market in the future if the tech there improves.
This news is likely a disappointment to fans of Android Wear and the Moto 360 line of smartwatches. The last time that we saw any new Moto smartwatches was in late 2015 with the debuts of the Moto 360 (2nd Gen) and Moto 360 Sport, and so it’s likely that many folks have been anticipating a new Moto 360 in the near future, especially with the major Android Wear 2.0 update that’s expected to arrive in 2017. Unfortunately for them, it sounds like there just isn’t enough demand in smartwatches to convince Moto to pump out another Moto 360 right now.