- Apple selling red iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case, other accessories for Product (RED)
- Apple makes iTunes backups ‘1,000 times safer’ with iOS 10.2
- APPLE OFFERS TO REPAIR IPHONE 6 PLUS DEVICES WITH ‘TOUCH DISEASE’
- Apple quietly releases new iBooks StoryTime app for fourth-gen Apple TV users
- Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus offer upgraded cameras, new A10 Fusion processor
- Apple looks set to kill off the iPhone’s most annoying feature
- Apple’s iOS 10 will encourage users to donate their organs
- Apple fires back at Spotify over app update dispute
- Apple Gets Smaller But Retains Horsepower With 9.7-Inch iPad Pro, iPhone SE
- iOS 10 features, release date and wish list rumours
Videocon launches 4K UHD TVs in India
Videocon is the latest consumer electronics player to launch its 4K UHD TVs in the Indian market. For the uninitiated, UHD TVs offer four times the resolution. The range consists of five TV sets ranging from 40-inches and goes up to 85-inches.
Touted as the most feature-packed UHD LED TV in India, the TVs come equipped with 3D support (four pairs of active 3D glasses are bundled), 2D to 3D conversion, a touchpad remote, Gesture and voice-controller Smart interface, Wi-Fi, Wireless Display (WiDi), N Screen and MHL.
Videocon’s 4K UHD TV range starts from a price of Rs. 91,000 (40-inches).
Our brief hands-on with the TVs revealed they were running a customised version of Android 4.2. The interface looked awfully similar to Samsung’s earlier iterations of Smart Hub interface and had an evident lag from the time we clicked on the touch-based remote control and the action on the TV.
The TV also supports apps and games that can be downloaded from its dedicated app store. However, we’re not sure if Videocon is working with developers to add new apps.
All in all, the TVs are competitively priced but it’s how Videocon spends on educating the consumer and after-sales service will be the key to set it apart from the competition from global players.