- After Apple’s guidance revision, time to focus on enterprise
- Apple Brazenly Mocks Tech Rivals With Huge Billboard Touting Privacy At CES 2019
- Apple’s T2 Security Chip Confirmed To Slap Handcuffs On Some Third-Party Repairs
- One Reason Apple Got Cozy With Amazon Is About Killing Off Refurbs On Consumers
- Apple’s New MacBook Pro Keyboard Has ‘Thin, Silicone Barrier’ Under Each Key: iFixit
- Notifications are broken. Here’s how Apple and Google can fix them.
- SNAKABLE ARMORED APPLE MFI LIGHTNING CABLE REVIEW: LIKE APPLE’S LIGHTNING CABLE ON STEROIDS
- ALPHA AUDIOTRONICS SKYBUDS REVIEW: A FRUSTRATING PAIR OF TRUE WIRELESS EARBUDS
- REVIEW: THE IPHONE X IS THE BEST PHONE FOR BUSINESS, PERIOD.
- IMOVIE 10 REVIEW: FREE VIDEO EDITING THAT’S ELEGANT AND EASY
Stephen and I talked about Microsoft Lync, an enterprise communications software that was first released by Microsoft under the name Office Communicator. Lync, is available in two flavors: Microsoft Lync Server and Lync Online which is included in Office 365, Microsoft’s Online Cloud Solution. Basic features of Lync include: instant messenger, Voice Over IP, video conferencing, screen sharing and online meeting capabilities. Stephen also discussed using Lync as your enterprise phone system, and that is when I revealed that in my first job out of college was selling phone systems. Phone systems have come a long way since those days, and Lync can offers great things in the enterprise voice space. One aspect Stephen highlighted was a feature called Federation, which allows you to communicate with people outside of your organization, as if they were part of your network. You can see their persona and their presence as if they were in the office next to yours, but yet they are part of a different organization and network.
For the#idontcook segment of this vlog Stephen recommended The Counter, a custom built burger bar in the Reston Town Center, located in Reston, VA. Stephen talked about their healthy options, such as organic and grass fed meat. Stephen’s favorite is the Organic Bison Burger on a pretzel roll with spicy pepper jack cheese and jalapenos. Then he likes to wash it down with a beer or a milkshake — all of you out there know I like a beers with my burger!