- The Future of Development Is in the Cloud: Say Hello to MacroVerse
- Digital Heritage: A Question of Technology, Ethics or Both?
- What Is Full-Array Local Dimming?
- Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to the Xbox Series X|S?
- What Is an Edison Bulb?
- What Is a Retina Display?
- How to Find the Right Gaming Mouse DPI
- What Is a NAS (Network Attached Storage)?
- The Best LED Strip Lights of 2021 to Give Your Home a Splash of Color
- The Best Samsung Phones of 2021
All posts tagged "Consumer Electronics"
- FENDER NEWPORT BLUETOOTH SPEAKER REVIEW: IT’S NOT JUST A NOSTALGIA TRIP, THIS SPEAKER SOUNDS GREAT
When companies such as Fender branch out into product categories they’re not known for, it always invokes an element of skepticism in the press. Guitars? Amplifiers? All cool, Fender. A Bluetooth speaker that echoes the look of...
- Posted December 28, 2017
- THE BEST KINDLE OF 2017: REVIEWS AND BUYING ADVICE
When someone says that they want an e-reader, they likely mean that they want an Amazon Kindle. While most people know what they love to read, knowing which Kindle to buy and read it on can be...
- Posted December 22, 2017
- HEX TLS BLUETOOTH SPEAKER REVIEW: 808 AUDIO DELIVERS SOLID MONO THUMP AND GOOD LOOKS, BUT FEW AMENITIES
The number 808 carries great cachet in the music industry. It’s terminally linked with the insanely popular, retro Roland TR-808 drum machine, whose sounds can be heard on countless rap, hip-hop, and electronic dance music hits. If...
- Posted December 19, 2017
- CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXUHD 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY PLAYER REVIEW: A CLASSY CHASSIS WITH DOLBY VISION
When it comes to looks, opening discs quickly, and quality of playback you can’t do any better than Cambridge Audio’s $700 CXUHD 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player. At least for digital audio. Analog audio output is missing...
- Posted December 13, 2017
- BEST DVR FOR CORD CUTTERS
Here’s the hard truth for cord-cutters right now: The ideal over-the-air DVR doesn’t exist. And if you’re on the fence about even needing one, you should read the June 22 installment of Cord Cutter Confidential. While some products...
- Posted December 11, 2017
- TIVO BOLT VOX DVR REVIEW: NEW LOOK, SAME OLD APP PROBLEM
As time goes by, TiVo gets harder to love. The cable-box DVRs for which TiVo serves as an alternative are becoming more sophisticated, with modern interfaces, voice search, and built-in streaming apps. Forgoing cable entirely is also getting...
- Posted December 10, 2017
- BOWERS & WILKINS PX WIRELESS NOISE-CANCELLING HEADPHONES REVIEW: THEY DEMAND A SMALL SACRIFICE FOR SILENCE
Bowers & Wilkins tends to be fashionably late when it comes to rolling out new wireless products. In the time it took for the company to design the $399 PX Wireless Headphones, companies like Sony, Bose, AKG, and...
- Posted December 9, 2017
- ANKER POWERCORE FUSION 5000 REVIEW: IT’S ALL YOU NEED, REALLY
The Powercore Fusion is now my go-to battery pack simply because it’s so versatile. When sitting in an airport near an outlet, I can use the Fusion to charge my iPhone or Android device without using any...
- Posted December 5, 2017
- ANKER POWERCORE II 20000 REVIEW: ONE OF ANKER’S BEST BATTERY PACKS
One brand that’s synonymous with inexpensive battery packs is Anker. It has built an entire brand around providing a quality user experience at a fraction of the cost of its competitors. The PowerCore II 20000 battery pack...
- Posted December 1, 2017
- AMAZON KINDLE OASIS 2017 REVIEW: THE ULTIMATE E-READER ADDS AUDIOBOOKS AND A WATERPROOF CASE
Amazon’s latest Kindle Oasis ($270 as configured via Amazon) is the ultimate e-reader. Two important features debut with this 2017 model: It’s waterproof, and it supports audiobooks via Audible. Make no mistake: Reading on this device is a luxurious...
- Posted December 1, 2017