- Advice for CIOs: Removing Bottlenecks in Data Sharing, Mobility & Management Across Clouds
- How to Choose the Best RAM for Your PC
- The New Logitech MK370 Is a Keyboard & Mouse Combo for $40
- NZXT’s New Headset and PC Desk Speakers Look Great
- System76’s New Laptops Have 16:10 Displays And RTX 4000 GPUs
- Your Gaming Monitor Might Be Too Big
- Microsoft Now Sells Replacement Parts for Surface Devices
- Intel Is Dropping the “I” With 14th Gen CPUs
- Teraflops Are a Bad Way to Compare GPUs: Here’s Why
- How to RMA Your Steam Deck
IPL 2018: Snapchat Partners With Four IPL Teams to Offer Stories, Lenses
- Snapchat has partnered with four IPL teams
- The Snapchat app has added new creative tools specifically for IPL fans
- There are custom IPL Stickers, Filters, and Lenses
Joining the IPL 2018 bandwagon, Snapchat on Monday announced its partnership with four teams. The partner IPL teams, namely the Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils, and Rajasthan Royals, have joined Snapchat’s Official Stories. Snapchat has also additionally released a bunch of new creative tools to let fans support their favourite team using the Snapchat app.
The list of tools that have been designed specifically for IPL 2018 fans includes custom Stickers, Filters, and Lenses. Among other tools, IPL-focused Lenses will transform users into a helmeted player with the team anthem playing the background. These Lenses are pushed automatically in each team’s state. Alternatively, users can scan their favourite team’s Snapcode in Snapchat to start the action.
Snaps created by the four partner IPL teams will be featured in the Discover section of the Snapchat app. These are touted to provide fans with exclusive glimpses of the action that won’t be available through other sources.
“We are so excited for Snapchatters to be able to catch behind the scenes action by their favourite players, cheers teams, and share in the IPL 2018 frenzy with their friends and family!” said Ben Schwerin, Vice President of Partnerships, Snapchat, in a statement announcing the latest partnership.
Previously, Hotstar announced virtual reality (VR) streaming of IPL matches this year through its digital platform. Telcos such as Reliance Jio, BSNL, and Airtel also announced their offerings for IPL 2018. Moreover, the Airtel TV app started offering free IPL access via Hotstar.