- After Apple’s guidance revision, time to focus on enterprise
- Apple Brazenly Mocks Tech Rivals With Huge Billboard Touting Privacy At CES 2019
- Apple’s T2 Security Chip Confirmed To Slap Handcuffs On Some Third-Party Repairs
- One Reason Apple Got Cozy With Amazon Is About Killing Off Refurbs On Consumers
- Apple’s New MacBook Pro Keyboard Has ‘Thin, Silicone Barrier’ Under Each Key: iFixit
- Notifications are broken. Here’s how Apple and Google can fix them.
- SNAKABLE ARMORED APPLE MFI LIGHTNING CABLE REVIEW: LIKE APPLE’S LIGHTNING CABLE ON STEROIDS
- ALPHA AUDIOTRONICS SKYBUDS REVIEW: A FRUSTRATING PAIR OF TRUE WIRELESS EARBUDS
- REVIEW: THE IPHONE X IS THE BEST PHONE FOR BUSINESS, PERIOD.
- IMOVIE 10 REVIEW: FREE VIDEO EDITING THAT’S ELEGANT AND EASY
Quickly add the Google Play store to your new Amazon Fire 10HD
Last time I bought an Amazon tablet adding the Google store was a real pain! It takes about 3 minutes and one reboot on the new Amazon Fire HD 10.
In order to get the most out of my new 7th generation Amazon Tablet, I needed the Google Play store. GMail, Chrome and a few other apps were not available via Amazon’s walled garden. Used to be Amazon made this hard. Now it is very easy!
To add the Google Play store follow these steps:
STEP THE FIRST
Enable apps from UNKNOWN SOURCES!
Settings > Security > Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
This will trigger a warning. Read it, then ignore it.
THE SECOND STEP
Download and install four Google apps in this specific order:
- Google Account Manager
- Google Services Framework
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
Reboot the device.
Open the Google Play app. Login and start installing apps.
It was that easy. I’m just getting into playing with the new tablet, but thus far it is great.
I’m pretty sure this’ll work for all 7th generation tablets regardless of screen size.